Title: New Haven Police Department, One Union Avenue, 3rd Floor Conf Rm
Description: Status: The meeting was called to Order by Vice Chair Barbara Carroll (in absence of Frank Cochran, Chair).
• 8 Present: Barbara Carroll, Robert Spirito, Wayne Hobbs, Catherine Gootkin, Lena Largie, Noemi Rivera, Evette Hamilton, Leslie Radcliffe,
• Absent: Frank Cochran, Evelise Ribeiro, Bianca Bowles
• Staff: None present.
The minutes of the March 13, 2013 meeting were read and unanimously approved with necessary corrections.
Internal Affairs Report:
(Lt. Duff was absent from this meeting but forwarded the Internal Affairs Report)
• Closed cases were assigned to Panels by Barbara Carroll
o Panel A: 006-C-13,010-13-C, 011-C-13, 014-C-13
o Panel B: 027-C-13, 130-C-12, 135-C-12, 160-C-12
General Policy Items:
• Several Board members expressed concerns about the communication between Internal Affairs and the CRB. A written invitation will be sent to Chief Dean Esserman requesting that he attend one of our upcoming meetings to address the concerns and questions of expressed by the board.
• Letters have gone out to the Dixwell and Newhallville District Management Teams requesting that a representative from their membership be appointed to serve on the CRB. A delegate from the CRB will attend the next Dixwell meeting to answer any questions. A letter will be sent to the East Rock District Management Team Chair requesting that a representative be appointed.
Reports by CRB:
• CRB Board Members, Panels A & B reported case reviews completed.
• During future meetings a roll cases completed per Panel will be called to ensure that all closed cases are being read by at least 2 members.
• Robert Spirito, Chair of the Bylaws Committee requested that suggestions for items requiring attention be submitted from the Board member to the Bylaws committee. Once these items are received, the Bylaws Committee will schedule meetings.
• The Charter Review Commission Subcommittee C will be making its recommendation to the full Commission on Thursday April 18th.
A motion to go into Executive Session was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
A motion to adjourn was made, seconded and approved unanimously.
The next meeting of the Civilian Review Board is scheduled for Thursday, May 9, 2013, City Hall, 165 Church Street, Second Floor, Meeting Room #2, New Haven.
Submitted by: Leslie Radcliffe, Secretary