MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
54 Meadow Street
||The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Division of the New Haven Health Department provides bicultural/bilingual health information and services for pregnant and parenting women and their families, serving New Haven and the surrounding towns.
HUSKY Health Insurance (203) 946-8187
Connecticut’s state health insurance program
- Free or low-cost health insurance for pregnant and parenting women and their families.
- Insurance application assistance and information
Connecticut Healthy Start (203) 946-7480
Connecticut Healthy Start offers outreach support for pregnant and parenting women
and their children.
- Free medical care, labor, delivery, nursing care, medications, counseling, home visitation, case management and other related services
Nurturing Families Network (203) 946-5754
The Nurturing Families Network, a free, confidential Home Visiting Support service for first time parents.
- Home visits, social support, community referrals
- Fathers’ Program
New Haven Healthy Start (203) 946-8456
A program of the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven in partnership with the New Haven Health Department, New Haven Healthy Start services include:
- Referrals to medical facilities, coordination of care, case management, home visitation, outreach and education
Pediatric Immunization, Outreach & Information (203) 946-7026
Outreach Support for families whose children need to be immunized.
- Linking children with pediatricians
- Bilingual immunization outreach and education
Additional Services and Resources
Ask us about:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prenatal Care Referral
- WIC, Nutrition
- Childbirth Education
- Parenting Classes
- Child Care
- AIDS Testing, Counseling & Support
- Pediatric Care Referral
- Dental Care
- Mental Health Referral
- Substance Abuse Treatment & Support
Text for Baby (in Spanish: text4BEBE)
A free mobile service to help women have healthy babies. Women who sign up get free text messages each week. The messages have helpful tips for a healthy pregnancy and caring for your new baby. To sign up, text the word BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to the number 511411. Enter your baby’s due date or birthday and your zip code.
Healthy Smile forYoung Child
Immunizations for Healthy Pregnancy
BABY & ME Tobacco Free