TOMORROW'S On9: GAMES, FOOD, MUSIC AND FUN
(New Haven, CT) The Town Green District brings a sense of nostalgia to the Historic 9th Square with a pie contest and games of cornhole at the Noise On9 first Friday event on August 2, 2013.
Pie On9 begins at 6pm on Orange Street between Crown and Center Streets, with the judging of the Most Beautiful Pie, as well as tastings of pies, ice cream, and cocktails. The Best Pies will be announced at 7:30PM. Tickets for Pie On9 are $15 for adults, $5 for kids. Pie makers eat free! Hosted by CitySeed, Pie On9 is a bake sale benefit for the organization’s Food Stamp Double Value Program. Visit www.cityseed.org for ticket information and event details.
Court Street at Orange Street plays host to On9’s first cornhole tournament. The street will accommodate four sets of cornhole boards with sixty-four player slots for thirty-two teams of two. Teams of two can order two tickets on one registration. Those registering without a partner will be paired up with another single at the event. Register at cornholechampionshipon9.eventbrite.com
“The Town Green District is proud to partner with 9th Square merchants and CitySeed on this family friendly On9 event, and are excited to welcome participants of all ages for the tournament,” said Executive Director Win Davis.
Court Street will also be rocking from 6PM-8PM thanks to New Haven deejay Hu Man::DJ/VJ. Not to be confused w/ Wu Man, Hu Man plays an experimental set of genre-bent mixes, with the intent of making even twenty-somethings look up from their #tracking device and say, “idkwt*igobili”!!
Singer, songwriter, and dueling pianist Sean Rainey will perform requests between 6PM-8PM on Pitkin Plaza.
Other events to enjoy On9 this month are listed below: Most activities happen between 6PM and 8PM:
• 116 Crown, 116 Crown Street | #five6seven - drinks & Snacks are $5-$7 from 5PM-7PM
• Alisa’s House of Salsa, 817 Chapel Street | half off salsa lessons, classes are $10
• Arpaia Lang, 806 Chapel Street | 20% off regularly priced in-stock merchandise and home baked treats for all during event hours.
• Artspace, 50 Orange Street | On view: Summer Apprenticeship Program Exhibition: Pop & Op, Crown Street Window installation by Luke Hanscom, three solo installations, and a small show of works on paper co-curated by two Artspace interns
• Bentara, 76 Orange Street | Happy Hour with complimentary selected appetizers and half off from regular appetizer list. $3 selected beer, $5 wine by the glass, martinis, and well mixed drinks between 5PM-7PM
• Cafe Nine, 250 State Street| Happy Hour 5PM-7PM. Hurray For The Riff Raff. Music Influenced by classic country, 1960's Rock ‘n’ Roll, and singer/songwriters Townes Van Zandt, Hank Williams and Neil Young. $10. 9PM.
• Elm City Market, 777 Chapel Street | Tastings by market vendors throughout store. Finger sandwiches and samples from local vendors on Pitkin Plaza.
• English Building Market, 839 Chapel Street | Vintage Fashion & Film presented by Vintanthromodern Vintage @ the English Building Market. The Talented Mr. Ripley. 7:00PM. $8 includes movie and refreshments