NEW BENEFITS ANNOUNCED FOR ELM CITY RESIDENT CARD HOLDERS
(5/20/2008) (NEW HAVEN)— As the City prepares to celebrate a successful first year of the Elm City Resident Card program and the issuance of nearly 6,000 cards, the Office of New Haven Residents announced a new package of discounts and incentives for cardholders. Effective immediately, cardholders can achieve a $1,000 discount on used cars and a $500 discount on new cars at two local car dealerships: Barberino’s Nissan and Bob’s Dodge in addition to a number of other service discounts at both locations.
“We’re pleased with the success of the program and find it encouraging that the business community has been so eager to support our efforts by offering incentives to residents,” said Kica Matos, Community Services Administrator. “This card offers residents a multitude of services and benefits that we hope will motivate more residents to come down to City Hall to obtain theirs.”
Aside from the traditional benefits of the program: access to Lighthouse Park, the Library Card feature, access to the Transfer Station, Parcxmart use at City parking meters and participating vendors, having an Elm City Resident Card now provides users with the following incentives:
- Jimmy Hip Hop - 10% off purchase (except Nike Jordan Brand & Nike Air Force One)
- Footlocker –Provides coupons for new cardholders
- Mohegan Sun Bus - Discount transportation, entertainment and dining packages for $10.00 which include $20.00 entertainment vouchers and $10.00 food vouchers for use at the Casino.
- Modells - 10% off purchase with Elm City Resident Card
- Rendevous (Downtown) - 10% off purchase with Elm City Resident Card
- Subway (Downtown) - 10% off purchase with Elm City Resident Card
- Video Game Plus - 6% off used games and DVD's with Elm City Resident Card
- C-Town – Expected to be a Parcxmart vendor by the end of May allowing cardholders to use the debit feature of the card as a form of payment to purchase groceries.
Contact Name: Jessica Mayorga
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 203-946-7660