DPW ANNOUNCES 2011 FALL SWEEPING AND LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
(10/28/2011) (New Haven) – The Department of Public Work’s Fall Sweeping and Leaf Collection Program will begin on Tuesday, November 1, 2011. Fall sweeping and leaf collection will end on December 16, 2011. Leaves placed at the curb after this date may experience delays in pickup due to winter preparation and operations.
In order to ensure that streets are free of leaves before winter arrives, the City will sweep streets based upon their expected conditions. The schedule for Fall street sweeping is on the City’s website at http://cityofnewhaven.com/PublicWorks/sweep/index.asp
Streets normally posted for sweeping will be posted with paper signs to alert residents of parking restrictions. These streets will be posted at least one day prior to sweeping. Violations of these postings will result in a parking ticket and the vehicle being towed.
To ensure a successful leaf collection season, please follow these rules and regulations. Residents and property owners violating these rules and regulations may be subject to enforcement actions.
- Bag all leaves in paper leaf bags weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Place your bags out as close to your trash and recycling collection day as possible.
- Keep catch basins free of leaves
- Do not place dirt, grass, mulch, sticks or any non-leaf items in leaf bags.
- Do not sweep, blow, or rake leaves from private property into the sidewalks, grass strips or streets.
- Do not allow any contractors, landscapers, etc. to place leaves onto the sidewalks, grass strips or streets.
For additional information, please refer to the City’s website at www.cityofnewhaven.com or call Public Works at 946-7700.
Contact Name: Adam Joseph
Contact Email: AJoseph@newhavenct.net
Contact Phone: 203-946-8200