Howard Avenue House Fire Caused by Gas Leak
(3/6/2012) The house fire at 305 Howard Avenue on Saturday morning was caused by a gas leak, Fire Chief Michael Grant announced Tuesday.
Prior to the fire, there had been an electric power outage due to a downed wire. When the wire was repaired and the system re-energized, a furnace in the basement of 305 Howard ignited gas that had built up in the home.
The cause of the gas leak is pending additional forensic testing.
Chief Michael Grant will be available to answer media questions at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 6 at Fire Headquarters at 952 Grand Avenue.
Contact Name: Elizabeth Benton
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 203-946-7660