The City of New Haven is committed to helping small, minority and women owned businesses to expand and grow through Small Contractor Development, a program comprised of services available to registered contractors.
“Most of the new jobs in America are created by small business. We are committed to giving New Haven’s small businesses the tools they need for success, and we are going to make certain that they have access to the loans, technical assistance and partnerships they will need to be successful.”
- Mayor John DeStefano, Jr.
The Small Contractor Development Program encourages participation and inclusion of small, minority and women-owned businesses in City of New Haven projects by:
- Support and information to small, minority and women-owned contractors on the SCD list
- Marketing and networking through meetings and events
- Assisting prime contractors with subcontractor goals
- Increasing ability and knowledge through training workshops and seminars
- Guidance in the SBE / MBE / WBE certification process through one-on-one technical assistance and group workshops/seminars
|165 Church Street
New Haven, CT 06510